|Using Mendeley in Word
Mendeley is useful for automatically generating citations and a bibliography. For how to use it, see the steps below.
Still, time to make a bibliography one by one. Eits, now in the modern era, takes advantage of the Mendeley application. This application can help you make citations, automatic bibliography, and easily manage your journal files. How to use the Mendeley application? Come on, see the complete tutorial in the following article.
Mendeley application is software that can help you do automatic citations in Word. Apart from making it easier for you to cite, this application can also manage the journals and reference books you have to do scientific work.
So, when working on a proposal, thesis, or other scientific writing, you can easily find reference journals you have used before.
All you have to do is enter your journal file into this application, and you can search for it whenever you need to re-read the journal.
Complete the tutorial download Mendeley as follows:
- Go to the website http://www.mendeley.com.
- Click download in the right corner of the website page.
- Download Mendeley
After that, a page will appear to download the Mendeley software. Please adjust your computer program. If you are a Windows user, download it in the red section.
After that, click save file like the example below.
How to Install Mendeley on a Computer
After downloading, let's start the installation process on the computer device. The method:
- Double-click on the Mendeley-Desktop-1.19.8-win32.ex file
- Then click "Next" in the setup wizard.
- Then click "I agree" on the Mendeley License Agreement.
- After that, please click browse if you want to adjust the installation file location. If you don't want to change it, ignore it and click next.
- Immediately click "Install" to start the installation process.
- Check Run Mendeley Desktop, and when finished, click "Finish."
How to use Mendeley in Word?
After you have finished the download and installation process, the following steps to be able to use Mendeley in Word are as follows:
- Open the Mendeley application that you have installed on the laptop.
- Click on the "Tools" section, then select "Install the MS Word Plugin."
- Done; your Mendeley is now synced directly in Word.
How to do a Mendeley citation in Word?
When finished, do the installation. The next step is to do Mendeley citations in Word. Here's how:
- Open Mendeley, click "File," then select "Add files" after that, find the journal file you want to add. Before adding, make sure your journal file is in PDF format (.pdf)
- After that, open your Word again, click "References," and look at the Mendeley column. Select "Style" to adjust the type of citation you want, whether it's APA style or Harvard style.
- Then click "Insert citation."
- A column from Mendeley will appear, click search and look for the author or title of the article you quoted. If you have found it, click Ok, and later Mendeley will automatically cite the quote you wrote.
How to create an automatic bibliography using Mendeley in Word?
In order not to be called plagiarizing, apart from including citations, you also need to put the source of the authorities in the bibliography.
As an all-in-one application, Mendeley will help you make a bibliography automatically. Here's how:
- Go to the bibliography page.
- Click Insert bibliography.
- After that, a bibliography will automatically appear according to the citation results you made before.